1. Fondness for Scotch.
2. The ability to see things as they really are.
3. You enjoy the company of other writers.
4. When you check a dictionary for the correct spelling of one word, you lose at least an hour reading about the word's history, its synonyms and antonyms, then you check two or three of the entries before and after that word...
5. C'mon, admit it: You're a little insecure...
6. You have better conversations with your cat or dog that you do with your neighbours.
7. It makes perfect sense to be wide awake at 4:00 am.
8. You mentally edit everything you read.
9. You neither like nor want money.
10. Everything you read, hear, or see gives you an idea.
11. At parties, you mentally file away snippets of conversations, thinking to yourself: Yes, that would be a great line.
12. You have ADHD or OCD or some other (non-physical) affliction.